Downsfield Medical Centre | Construction Project Management | Architectural Design

Services: Construction Project Management | Architectural Design
Client: Downsfield Medical Centre
Location: Birmingham
Value: £600,000
Year: 2016


On the recommendation of NHS England, Record Associates were instructed to provide Construction Project Management and architectural design services by Downsfield Medical Centre in Birmingham for the redevelopment of their existing cramped and dated accommodation to provide additional space and bring the premises in line with clinical standards. This has yielded a huge increase in the practice’s clinical accommodation from 82.73 sq.m to 169.53 sq.m (NIA).

The works were completed in three phases whilst the practice remained in occupation and involved significant extension and reconfiguration of the former 1950’s house and the building services to provide a practice which is now in the best possible fitness to meet the challenges facing primary care.

The project has been part funded (60%) by the NHS via the Estates and Technology Transformation Fund (formerly the Primary Care Infrastructure Fund) with the remaining 40% funded via the practice.

Since the works have been completed the practice has seen a significant jump in new patient registrations so the investment by the practice is already yielding positive returns.

For further information on the project please read our Case Study .


  • Construction Project Management
  • Architectural Design
  • Principal Designer
  • Cost Advice